8/8/08

Children of Nicaragua

Children of Nicaragua
Clicky Web Analytics "My day job here in the US is photographing children involved in sports of all age groups from the teenies at 4-5 years old, up to high school age children. On any day I may take from 200- 600 individual and team images of the kids. So I have come to have an observant perspective towards my subjects. The children come from all ethnic backgrounds including quite a few of Spanish heritage.What I find compelling is that I do not observe the same intensity of expression here in the States as when taking children's pictures in Nicaragua. Something more comes through, Mostly it is their eyes, a soulful look, a neutral detached observation by them, waiting to see what you might do next.An innocence that has not been tampered with by a excess of TV and video games ? Act like a clown and they will reward you with a smile that washes over your heart and makes your day. The stark sadness is there too sometimes, that's when it's time for the clown act---- "

No comments: